Sleep Apnea in Baton Rouge
Finally get the restful night of sleep you deserve!
What is Sleep Apnea?
Do you wake up groggy and tired every morning, despite getting a full night’s sleep? Do you experience morning headaches or snore loudly?
Don’t ignore these signs – you could be suffering from a dangerous sleep disorder.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a serious disorder characterized by a disrupted breathing pattern that periodically stops and starts.
Sleep apnea occurs when the muscles in the back of the throat fail to keep your airway open, despite efforts to breathe. This creates a blocked airway that can affect your brain’s oxygen supply and have severe chronic health consequences.
Sleep apnea is very common, affecting an estimated 50-70 million US adults…Opens in a new window to study citing sleep apnea statistics…. Unfortunately, OSA is often underdiagnosed.
Don’t suffer another night of disrupted sleep! Our expert team can craft a custom treatment plan for your condition.
Are You Suffering from Sleep Apnea?
Here are some signs and symptoms to look for:
What Can You Expect With Sleep Apnea Treatment?
Our dentists can treat sleep apnea in Baton Rouge.
FAQs About Sleep Apnea
Get the answers from our Baton Rouge dentists.
- Why should I be worried about sleep apnea? Consistent, high-quality sleep is essential for your overall health and well-being. Undiagnosed sleep apnea chronically disrupts your sleep and obstructs your breathing, depriving your brain of vital oxygen throughout the night. This can lead to severe and dangerous health consequences and should be taken seriously.
Sleep apnea is directly correlated to an increased risk for cardiovascular and metabolic health issues, such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, stroke, heart attack, memory problems, and even shortened life span. The lack of adequate sleep and subsequent fatigue can compromise the quality of your life, leading to car accidents, loss of productivity at work, mood swings, and other consequences.
If you are noticing symptoms of sleep apnea, don’t brush it off or take it lightly. Get medical attention and diagnosis as soon as possible. Contact our office to schedule a consultation, so we can get you sleeping soundly again.
- What lifestyle changes can I make to help my sleep apnea? Obesity is a common culprit and major risk factor for sleep apnea, especially if you carry the excess weight around your neck and jaw. Reducing your body weight is one of the best things you can do to improve your sleep apnea and overall health. In fact, many patients find that after losing a significant amount of weight, their sleep apnea is cured for good.
Alcohol, smoking, and the use of sedative medications can also worsen your sleep apnea. Take steps to limit or stop their use altogether, and seek medical help if necessary.
General exercise, such as cardio or lifting weights, has many health benefits, including improving sleep apnea symptoms. Practicing yoga can teach you how to breathe from your diagram, which may help reduce blockages in your airway. There are also specific oral exercises…Opens in new window to an article about oral exercises on CPAP.com… you can try to improve your airflow.
- Who can get sleep apnea? People of all ages can suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, including toddlers and children. However, older adults and men are at higher risk.
- Is sleep medicine covered by insurance? Usually, but it depends on your insurance. We accept a wide range of insurance plans, and can help you understand and maximize your benefits. Give our office a call today for assistance: 225-761-8585.
No insurance? Don’t let that stop you from getting the treatment you need! We can work with you to find a solution within your budget. We accept multiple forms of payment, including checks, cash, credit card, in-office financing, and CareCredit…Opens in a new window to CareCredit homepage….
- I snore. Does that mean I have sleep apnea? Snoring alone doesn’t necessarily mean you have sleep apnea, but it is a major warning sign and risk factor. Snoring is linked to many other health concerns and can ruin the night for bed partners or roommates.
If you snore loudly and consistently, it’s worth getting evaluated by a sleep apnea specialist. They can determine the nature and severity of your condition and help you understand your options for treatment.
- What other dental services do you offer? Kidder Dental, Dr. Dustin, and Dr. Liz serve all members of the family with comprehensive services, including:
We proudly serve Baton Rouge, LA, and surrounding communities.
You will never find a friendlier, more caring group than the folks in this office. Great care, flexible in scheduling, and in and out promptly! They rock!
Robert B. (5-Star Google Review)
Why Choose Kidder Dental for Your Sleep Apnea Treatment?
Our husband-and-wife team, Dr. Dustin and Dr. Liz Kidder, have been proudly serving the Baton Rouge community with exceptional dental care for over a decade.
They are supported by an incredible group of compassionate, hard-working, and knowledgable dental professionals. Our team is focused on delivering a top-notch patient experience from the moment you first contact us.
Our Sleep Solutions
When it comes to treating sleep apnea in Baton Rouge, Dr. Dustin and Dr. Liz are well equipped to provide expert, comprehensive, and holistic solutions. They are committed to continuous education and learning to stay at the forefront of dental technology and best practices.
You can trust our team at Kidder Dental to listen closely to your concerns and deliver effective sleep apnea treatment for your needs.
Learn more about what makes our approach unique!